If you are reading this, you’re already taking the first step. That is no small deal. It’s our goal at Gladney to make sure you have all the information you need to move forward in the way that’s best for you.
Adoption has evolved in exciting ways, and an options counselor will help you understand the possibilities. Ultimately, adoption is a plan crafted by you. And the plans are as varied and unique as each expectant mother.
Expectant moms have more choices than ever before. You can connect with the adoptive parents and discuss your future relationship with the adoptive parents and your child. Many couples are eager to partner with Gladney to support your pregnancy and listen to your hopes for your child. These days, adopted children grow up with more knowledge about their past, their medical history, and the loving mothers who brought them into the world.
We know this is not an easy decision. It’s not easy to carry your child to term, or to choose another family to parent your child. But make no mistake - these sacrifices make you a very special mom. Because of your love and your courage, your child has everything needed to start a beautiful life.
UNDERSTANDING ADOPTION TODAY
It’s important to educate yourself about modern adoption and its many benefits. Today, as an expectant mother, you can:
- Work with an options counselor to develop a personalized adoption plan.
- Choose the baby’s adoptive parents and get to know them.
- Discuss with the adoptive parents the level of contact you’ll have with the child.
- Receive free medical care and legal services during pregnancy.
- Receive counseling for life, helping you process your adoption decision during pregnancy, after birth, and in the future, if needed.
- Set goals for the future, taking advantage of career counseling, educational opportunities, and life-skills coaching.
If you choose to move forward with making an adoption plan, we will be with you every step of the way. View our step-by-step guide through the entire process.Proceso paso a paso